Saturday, September 13, 2008

Morning Mettings

Morning meetings, I feel are a vital part of building a community in the classroom. I enjoyed the reading on what constitutes a morning meeting. During the greeting hour it’s not just to know each other’s name it’s to build a sense of belonging in and out of the classroom. I feel for each of us to have the sense of belonging we have to know more about each other than just a name. Morning meeting help students to feel that. The other aspect of morning meetings I love is that the students take control. This brings that teaching to a student – teacher level that not all classes experience. I have truly been converted to the benefits of morning meetings. I want to implement them into my class. I found the question and comments to be very useful in explaining to parents and administrators why morning meetings are important. Moring meeting is not just for fun and getting to know each other. It is for building a community, reviewing and reinforcing curriculum, helping student be excited about the day, and giving them part of the decisions making about their education.

No comments: