Monday, October 13, 2008

Tiering

I enjoyed looking through the tiered lessons (or that I thought were tiered) I understand that tiering is teaching the same subject with varied activities to meet each students readiness level. I really liked the lesson with the Think Dots I feel that this type of activity can be used in many tiering lessons. As I have now been to class I realise that these lessons are not tiered they are differentiated but not tiered. I now understand what the difference is! Tiering is creating a lesson that is specified for readiness. While differentiation is giving students a choice in how they want to proceed through activity. Today's class helped me really understand how I can tier and differentiating in my class. I know I wasn't suppose to revise this but I wanted to let you know that i get it now and that I now know the lessons in the chapters are not tiered! I see how tiering is important with learning and assessing.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Sounds great... thanks for letting me know where you are in your understanding!